Welcome to the LongTREC Project!
The Long-reads TRanscriptome European Consortium
Application deadline closed!
What is LongTREC?
The Long-reads TRanscriptome European Consortium: The next generation transcriptome biology revealed by single molecule sequencing technologies.
Over the last 10 years, a new third generation of sequencing (TGS) platforms have strongly emerged as novel sequencing methods. These technologies are able to sequence single molecules and they can produce long reads.
Applied to transcriptome research, long-read RNA sequencing (lrRNA-seq) has already displayed great potential, but much work is still needed. A new generation of computational biologists is essential to consolidate current methods, develop new tools, envision new applications, and lead the unstoppable transition of transcriptome analysis to effectively become LRS-based.
What we offer to Doctoral Candidates
- PhD position for 36 months in one of the European leading groups for lrRNA-seq technologies.
- Mobility: host institution and secondments in both public and industry partners.
- An intensive training program in Science, Skills and Values.
- Interdisciplinary, international work environment with courses, workshops and lectures of leaders in the field of long-reads.
- MSCA-DN offers a competitive salary and additional benefits.
- Mobility: Eligible candidates must not have resided for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior the start of this project (June-September 2023). Example: from June 2020 to June 2023 you cannot have lived more than 12 months in the country in which you want to apply for.
- Master’s degree: Eligible candidates must have a master’s degree relevant to the chosen position by September 2023 or an equivalent experience or must hold an official university qualification from a country of the European Higher Education Area with a minimum of 300 ECTs of official university studies.
- Research experience: Eligible candidates shall at the date of recruitment by the host institution not have been awarded a doctoral degree. Researchers who have defended their PhD project but haven’t received their Doctoral award yet, are not eligible.
- Application limit: Candidates can apply for a maximum of 3 PhD positions.
- Doctoral school: Employement will be conditioned to acceptance by the Doctoral school of the associated PhD awarding institution.